Feb 28, 2013

Tokyo eats

Looks like I spent my entire Japan trip taking photos of food... so here are my top 3 picks from everything I ate in Tokyo during the 5 days!

  #3   Gramercy New York tart topped with an generousdose of my favorite brand of Japanese strawberries.  It's like heaven on a crust. mmmmmm....

  #2   本城 is a restaurant located in Setagaya-ward serving beautiful authentic Japanese food. It's a pretty small place and I hear you need reservations weeks in advance for lunch. Lucky for me my mom is friends with the owner, I get to visit every time I travel home. But each visit is always different from the last as every dish is meticulously designed to serve the best ingredients of that season in the best way possible. 
 

  #1    I had a dinner party to see all my friend in Tokyo and one of them booked the 石頭楼 for me.  It's a very popular sesame oil steamboat restaurant and the food was so perfectly delicious for a cold winter night.  Only problem, they're located inside a condo with no signs and almost impossible to find. So good luck ;)   



No comments: