May 21, 2012

Birthday Jello

I usually bake a cake for my husband's birthday but since the party was on Sentosa beach this year, I thought jello shots will be more refreshing and fun. Besides the big champagne jello replacing the cake, I made bite sized jellos to pass around. Mandarin vodka and plum wine flavor. I want to share the recipe for these because they were super easy to make.



Mandarin Vodka Jello
Absolut Mandarin                        100ml
water                                          100m
Gelatin                                        1.5 sheets (2.5g)
Mandarin oranges (can)                optional

1. Add gelatin to hot water (must soak in water first if your are using gelatin sheets) and mix until it dissolves. Let cool
2. Add vodka and mix.
3. Pour the mix in a mold over mandarin oranges and let cool until set.



Plum Wine Jello
Plum wine (I used choya)             100ml
water                                          100ml
Honey                                         1 Table spoon
Gelatin                                        1.5 sheets (2.5g)

1. Bring water to boil. Add honey and stir. Let cool
2. Add gelatin (must soak in water first if your are using gelatin sheets) and mix until it dissolves.
3. Add plum wine and mix.
4. Pour the mix in a mold and let cool until set. I chilled mine overnight.

No comments: